Monday 7 January 2008

Bloody Fire Alarms!

Ok so I called work yesterday to warn them that I may not be in today. The pain in my back when I coughed last night and the fact that every time I cough I pee myself doesn't help.

Have just risen from my bed - at 2:45 pm - basically because I got a call from the Alarm Company who monitor the alarms at work to tell me that did I know the alarm was going off and that the fire engines were on there way? Did I give a shit? Well yes, because I then spent then next 15 minutes trying to get a hold of work, or Bob or Joe or Len.

Finally got a hold of Len on his mobile. House had been evacuated because they had been using the steam cleaners which had set the alarms off - so the alarm company called me - who is last on the list, lying in my bed - what the heck did they think I'd be able to do about it?

Rant over. Have really sore head and need to take something. Although everything I've taken so far has been crap as I still have it - I suppose that if i actually took the medication I was supposed to (such as my blood pressure tablets) I would not have headache in first place. I have however stopped snottering! Thankfully.

I've just caught site of myself in the mirror - with my new haircut I look like Syd Vicious (without the safety pins). God knows what Joe must have thought when he arrived to pick up my keys.

New year new me. Elaine has offered to come to slimming class with me - I have taken her up on this and will need to find a class for Wednesday. Tuesdays not good for her as this is generally the evening that she does Indian Head massage but we can chop and change as we want. Just need to decide whether it's to be Scottish Slimmers or Weight Watchers. I really don't fancy heading back to someone I've been to before to get the look!

Need to make a difference this year. Less pressure for my joints as I have been noticing a lot of pain in my ankles, hips and knees and know that a lot less weight would help. Elaine has also been trying to talk me into going to May's Ladies Night at the racecourse in June and I could of course lose quite a lot of weight by then. I'm still thinking about it - if I have to lose for something in particular I'm less likely to do it!

No comments: